Tuscan Culinary Adventure
Experience Tuscany the best way imaginable: on an exclusive culinary retreat designed to immerse you in the food, wine and endless beauty of Italy.
Learn hands-on from Chef Matt Kuerbis — not only the friendliest chef in the kitchen, but also one of the most talented. As the former Executive Director of the Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Portland, OR, Chef Kuerbis teaches at the Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts and offers private classes for corporate teams and home chefs. He's thrilled to work 1:1 with you to teach you the art of Italian cooking in Tuscany! He's patient, he's funny and he loves to eat good food.
Using locally sourced ingredients, you'll prepare dishes such as fresh pappardelle with wild mushrooms and luscious tiramisu, all while sipping Chianti, Brunello and other world-class varietals paired expertly with our daily meals.
2024 Retreat Packages
Retreat Dates: September 7 - 14, 2024
Package Rate: $4250pp
*Airfare & travel insurance must be purchased separately.
- Villa San Lorenzo
- Hands-on culinary classes
- Winery tours & tastings
- Olive oil & chocolate tastings
- Authentic Italian breakfasts, lunches & dinners (most meals included)
- Day trips to Florence, Perugia & Loro Ciuffenna
- Spacious private rooms with en suite bathrooms
- Time to relax by the pool with an Aperol Spritz
Why This Trip Is For YOU
If your idea of a dream vacation is learning to cook (then eating) incredible meals, taking the road less traveled, laughing with new friends and chatting with the locals — you're our kind of traveler!
Here's what you'll get out of a HYCH culinary retreat:
- 1:1 hands-on culinary instruction from professional chefs (all levels welcome!)
- Off the beaten path adventures you'll remember
- Incredible meals made of fresh, seasonal ingredients
- Small groups, great vibes and gorgeous accommodations
- Elevated attention ensuring your adventure is spectacular!
- New friendships with fellow food lovers hungry for travel
- Recipes to take home & impress your family & friends
- The joy of waking up in places you've only dreamed of...
Meet Chef Matt
Chef Matt Kuerbis is not only the friendliest chef in the kitchen, he's also one of the most talented — and he truly loves to teach! Chef Kuerbis has been cooking professionally for more than 25 years and holds a master's degree in Education.
He served as Executive Director of Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Portland, OR, before launching HYCH. He now teaches culinary classes at the Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts and offers private cooking classes for corporate teams, families and individuals looking to elevate their skills in the kitchen.
"The best part about sharing my love of food and cooking with my students is watching them relax around food, build confidence in the kitchen and learn that if mistakes happen and we can't fix them — we eat them anyway!"
— Chef Matt